Monday, March 23, 2009

What I Wore Today: 70's Bedsheet

Hand-me-downs are my favorite. they're either really ugly and too big with all the potential in the world, or they're just fab in the first place. On some rare occasions though, the hand-me-downs are mad fly in the first place, but just keep getting better.

This dress was originally a super groovy sheet handed down to my momma from her best hippie homie Miss Lisa (never minus the Miss). My Momma didn't see it like that though, she saw it as this dress and only that.

Pretty much ever piece of clothing or textile has potential. Some people can just see it like my mom. Others have to stare at for a while before bedtime like me. Look for that potential, make it a quest! No T- shirt has to be just a T- shirt, and bedsheets don't always belong on a bed.

2 comments:

  1. Do I miss that sheet? Oh yeah. But, I'm a hippie. I appreciate the artistic spin your mama put on it, pure and simple. Now I hit the thrift stores hoping to find sheets HALF as cool while you actually wear the coolest bedsheet this side of the 60's.

    One Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST noticed you posted on my birthday last year. HA!

    ReplyDelete