Thursday, August 13, 2009

Saucy Lady

There's very few things I can honestly say I hate.
1. I hate techno music
2. I hate V8 Vegetable juice.

See? that's just about it. But those two things that I do hate, I despise, loathe even, quite passionately. We'll talk about techno another time. But V8... oooooohhhh V8. I hated that stuff from the get. But, I have given it multiple chances, and it has kicked me in the mouth every time.

Yesterday I gave V8 one more chance to prove itself useful, and boy oh boy did it!

I've been wanting to make 'Saucy Susans' from my prized Betty Crocker cookbook for weeks now, but it wasn't until recently I felt bored/motivated/inspired/hungry enough to make them. So on the fly I scanned the cabinet for the required canned tomato juice, but lo, there was none. I knew what had to be done. I looked in the other cabinet to see my mortal enemy staring me in the face. It was on. So without a hitch or a fight with V8, I made scrumptious Saucy Susans and scarfed one in fron of the television.


So, let's get saucy!

Saucy Susans

Sift together:
2 cups all p. flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt

Cut in finely:
1/4 cup shortening

Stir in (to make soft dough):
3/4 cup tomato juice

Round up on lightly floured cloth covered board. Roll or pat out dough 1/3 inch thick. Cut. put biscuits together in pairs with a round slice of cheese between. Place these double biscuits close together on ungreased pan and bake at 450 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes. Serve hot.

Bring it on, techno.

No comments:

Post a Comment